Dr.Edward Tipton, LP, PhD, is a Licensed Psychologist in Minnesota and is awaiting renewal of registration in Australia. I specialize in individual therapy for adults and young adults and maintain a private practice in Melbourne, Australia, currently limited to USA Veterans Administration clients.
With over 20years experience as a psychotherapist, and as a graduate of Walden University specializing in Clinical Psychology, he has been serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among his areas of expertise are Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) work for those with Hoarding, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, phobias, and the like. He also works with clients experiencing mood disorders such as depression and relationship or career issues.
Dr.Tipton is a therapist following Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Positive Psychology principles. His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. He integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client, such as mindfulness, relaxation training, hypnotherapy, and meditation. With compassion and understanding, he works with each individual to help build on strengths and to attain personal growth.
- PhD, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, Clinical Psychology
- MA, Argossy University, Eagen, MN, Clinical Psychology
- MA, National Defense University, Washington, D.C., Strategic Security Studies
- MA, Oklahoma University, Norman, Oklahoma, Economics
- BS, USMA, West Point, New York, Civil/Mechanical Engineering
- State of Minnesota Board of Psychology, Licensed Psychologist, LP4941
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Registered Psychologist, Expired PSY0001633173 (awaiting renewal in 2023)
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Anger Management (not certified)
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (not certified)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Mental Health Local Advisory Committee to Carver County Commissioners (vice-chair)
- American Psychological Association - member
- Australian Psychological Society - member
- International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation - member 2010 - 2019
- Minnesota Psychological Association - member 2003 -3020
- WeCAB (volunteer driver services to Carver County residents) - member of board and volunteer driver 2015 - 2022