Dr.Edward Tipton, LP, PhD, is a Licensed Psychologist in Minnesota and in Australia, specializing in individual therapy for adults and young adults, and maintains a private practice in Chanhassen, Minnesota, and Melbourne, Australia.
With over 17 years experience as a psychotherapist, and as a graduate of Walden University specializing in Clinical Psychology, he is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among his areas of expertise are Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) work for those with Hoarding, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, phobias, and the like. He also works with clients experiencing mood disorders such as depression and relationship or career issues.
Dr.Tipton is a therapist following Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Positive Psychology principles. His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. He integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client, such as mindfullness, relaxation training, hypnotherapy, and meditation. With compassion and understanding, he works with each individual to help build on strengths and to attain personal growth.
- PhD, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, Clinical Psychology
- MA, Argossy University, Eagen, MN, Clinical Psychology
- MA, National Defense University, Washington, D.C., Strategic Security Studies
- MA, Oklahoma University, Norman, Oklahoma, Economics
- BS, USMA, West Point, New York, Civil/Mechanical Engineering
- State of Minnesota Board of Psychology, Licensed Psychologist, LP4941
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Registered Psychologist, PSY0001633173
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Anger Management (not certified)
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (not certified)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Mental Health Local Advisory Committee to Carver County Commissioners (vice-chair)
- American Psychological Association - member
- Australian Psychological Society - member
- International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation - member
- Minnesota Psychological Association - member
- WeCAB (volunteer driver services to Carver County residents) - member of board and volunteer driver